Hi fellow bloggers todays post is a card using a technique I saw on this weeks LiM challenge and a tutorial is on http://whiffofjoy.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/hintergrund-mit-acrylblock.html if you would like to check it out.
It is a simple technique that can give a fab result. I used fired brick distressed ink and dripped water from my water pen [ couldn't find a spritzer and want to get on and try it!!]. I covered the acrylic block with the ink and added the water and then pressed onto a piece of card and left to dry. When I looked at it I saw poppies - to make them more poppy like I added black soot with the water pen to some of them and blotted the excess off and again left to dry. Once dry I layered onto toning card and added a piece of ombre ribbon that matched. Hope you like it as I really do. I am going to try some different distress inks to see what effects I can get as I have now found a spritzer!! Sometimes I think my stash disappears into some kind of parellel universe then turns back up again - so wish I was organised but that gene seems to have eluded me Lol!