Sunday, 15 March 2015

LiM - one layer

hi fellow -  bloggers another weekend and another LiM  challenge.

This is a one layer week so have gone for a monchrome card using memento London Fog for the koi carp background using a dreamweaver stencil, The image and sentiment stampe with Black Brilliance ink The added bits are a collar and faux stitches in blue Sakura gel pen to keep it one layer and I have again used the Scorit for the embossed lines.

Sunday, 8 March 2015

LiM entry - Green and Yellow

hi fellow bloggers
Hope you are all enjoying your weekend? I decided to use Kraft card for the challenge this week- as when I had made the card elements I thought that it suited Kraft card rather than my normal white.
I have used Ranger distress inks for the main mat and also on the other elements to tone them in,

 The main mat is one of the direct ink on acrylic block and spritzed with water technique [here is the tutorial link -]. The stamp is an old one from my stash - stamped with cocoa memento andcoloured with shades of yellow promarkers and edged with distress ink. The die cut is from Anna Griffin and cut down and re pieced  to suit the size of the mats. The bottom mat is green card again inked with the same distress ink. The envelope was inked and stamped to match.

entered in LiM
Happy crafting

Friday, 6 March 2015

more birds!

Hi fellow bloggers
I have made two more bird brooches using the Tim Holtz caged bird die and UTEE [love this stuff]. This time I used black with silver, and also red with black. The red one has the wing attached but I am a little worried about this being a strong enough bond - still I will soon find out and will let you know as i do think the added wing is very effective.

The onlyreally tricky bit is trying to attach the brooch back but a bit of perisistance and it is achieved!
This weekend I am off to the SECC for the sewing and hobbycraft show so early start tomorrow!
happy crafting

Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Cute bird

hi fellow bloggers
I have made a small brooch using the Tim Holtz Sizzix caged bird bigz die and mount board. I made a bird brooch using this die about 2 yrs ago and wear it quite often so decided to make another one slightly more mono colour.

I used versamark ink with blue iris r, clear and silver utee. I added bugle beads for the wing and a seed bead for the eye in green and yellow. A brooch fastening was attached using utee. I am going to wear it tomorrow and am going to make a couple of different coloured variations as they look good on my scarf  accessories. Back to paper/card later in the week!
happy crafting

Tuesday, 3 March 2015

Sizzix - & Green

Hi fellow bloggers
More stash busting and upcycling on this post.

This brooch is made using the Sizzix Bigz Flora die, with upcyled fabric from a black felted jumpe - on the backr, 70% sage green wool felt and upcycled fabric from a lime green voile curtain. The centre is a handfelted ball cut in half and  hand beaded with green seed beads. The voile was singed to give some more dimension and texture.

I am entering it in the Green challenge set by

Monday, 2 March 2015

Sizzix project - Not cards!

Hi fellow bloggers - in my vain attempt to so something with my stash I have been finding quite a few unfinished projects - not all cards so have made myself a promise to get some of them finished! This weekend I finished a rustic brooch that I made using elements from my sizzix dies.
I used burlap for the leaves and linen for the cream flower  - both cut from the same Sizzix bigz die - Flora.
The puff is topped with a metal flower [cut from a recyled juice can that I coloured by heating on the gas hob] cut using a sizzix embosslit a - Wildflower - and a small shell button I recycled from a shirt,
Well need to get onto the next unfinished project!!  happy crafting

Sunday, 1 March 2015

LiM entry

Hi fellow bloggers - hope you are all well - I have been trying to sort out some of my stash this week so not much done but have managed an entry this week for the theme  things that make me happy.

One of my favourite things are pansies as I love their faces as they make me want to smile, so I have used peg stamps with pansy flowers for this card. I have used distress inks - dusty concord, chipped sapphire and sage moss together with brilliance  moonlight for the butterflies. I used my water brush to soften some of the edges. The backing paper is sizzix sizzlit and I have used purple cord for the contrast. Also used my scorit tool for the embossed lines - although they don't show up so well in the photo. The envelope is given an edge to match with an embossed butterfly on the flap.
happy crafting