SAY NO TO HUMAN TRAFFICKING

Saturday 22 September 2012

Using my new spellbinders

Hi fellow bloggers - I treated my self to some new spellbinders dies and have been playing with a couple of sets today and made an xmas card. I used the fancy lattice die for a background - this is such a gorgeous die I am trying out a few bits with it. I used my holly accents for 2 corners [ the berries are from the poinsettia set]and my new poinsettia set for the other corners.

The card is 8" x 8" from Craft works and the paper I used was from a paper pack from Lidls that I picked up on a whim but it works well with dies so may look out for more as it is very cheap for the quality and amount in the pad. The sentiment was stamped on a small scalloped die [labels 1 I think] and the stamp is one from Clarity. The card and the sentiment are both inked with pine needles and rangers inks were used through the dies to highlight the veins [pine needles and fire brick]. A small Paperchase gem was used for the flower centre. I think I am a bit too keen on having balance but I do like the end result.

3 comments:

  1. Great Christmas card Bea. Love the lattice background and the Pontsettias are amazing.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you have created a beauty with your new dies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bea, yes, you are right, you have every reason to like this die, it is simply so complete. Very lovely care and the flowers look so real. Love the corners as well.

    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - they are always welcome