SAY NO TO HUMAN TRAFFICKING

Saturday 7 July 2012

first attempt at quilling - [edited sentiment]

2nd post today as I have tried out quilling for the first time. I have cheated a bit as I have used a cuttlebug quilling die to cut the elements for the chrysanthemum.  I have used the die + martha stewart punch for the easel stopper and a shapeabilites ribbon buckle layered on top. I have recycled one of the elements as the backing for the quilled flowers is a piece of packaging from an embellishment pack, cut with a labels die, as  think it goes well with the bazill colours I have used for the flowers. I can see the quilling die getting used quite a bit from now! The sentiment has been changed as I thought on looking at it that the black was too harsh

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, gorgeous! I didn't know you could get quilling dies - what a fab idea!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well for a first time that is great! I love the flowers. Well done you! I love learning new tricks like this. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is so beautiful!! You did such a fabulous job for your first attempt at quilling!! So pretty :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. So your first attempt is a success!!! The fringed flowers look perfect! I didn't know there are quilling die cuts, makes fringing so much easier.

    Looking forward to see more quilled creations from you!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - they are always welcome