hi again fellow bloggers
here is my second one of these boxes again only the lid is decorated as I like the original box and they are for craft room use This is a more simple design and I have only used a spellbinders d=lites die for this one.
This time I have used a red coloured base that I stamped with versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. and cut out the background die in black and rather than stick the decorated part in full on the background I used the waste that rmained in the die - dotted cosmic shimmer glue on the waste areas and then poked out those bits while the die was held in contact with the black base to make sure all the bits ended up in the right pattern This technique is similar to the one we used with peeloffs where we could burnish the waste onto a card for decoration.
Rather than wooden beads this time I fixed the die cuts and the organza ribbon with a decorative brad that I inked and embossed with embossing enamel to colour it glittered black to match the colour scheme of the lid. The organza ribbon was inked in part with worn lipstick distress ink.The lid was then treated with coats of watered down pva glue. I think this one has an Asian look about it.
One more to do!
The 1st lid can be seen here